MasculinEndings

Wednesday, November 22, 2006

Comfort Zones


When it comes to choosing men
I tend to stick to guys who fall
well within my comfort zone.
That usually means I rarely stray
towards pushy, ego-centred jerks
(no matter how much they make
my hormones go berserk!).

Guys I cherish tend to be kind,
often sincere, and are I guess
more namby-pamby than those
wankers who thrive in today’s
social landscape. Usually after
the love sours between us,
the break up tends to be

a kind of sticky acrimony:
where once the drama
of falling in love brought out
the best in both of us, the follies
of parting often cause a total
disintegration of our honey-
sweet personalities.

In the end both they and I

feel something akin to the theatrics
of that line from My Chemical Romance:
Baby, I’m just soggy from the chemo.
Cancers like love are either excised
from the body or they kill you
after a short remission.


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home